lunes, 17 de septiembre de 2007

Nightswimming

Nightswimming deserves a quiet night.
The photograph on the dashboard,
taken years ago,
Turned around backwards
so the windshield shows.
Every streetlight reveals
the picture in reverse.
Still, it’s so much clearer.
I forgot my shirt at the water’s edge.
The moon is low tonight.
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night.
I’m not sure all these people understand.
It’s not like years ago,
The fear of getting caught,
Of recklessness and water.
They cannot see me naked.
These things, they go away,
Replaced by everyday.
Nightswimming, remembering that night.
September’s coming soon.
I’m pining for the moon.
And what if there were two
Side by side in orbit
Around the fairest sun?
That bright, tight forever drum
Could not describe nightswimming.
You, I thought I knew you.
You I cannot judge.
You, I thought you knew me,
this one laughing quietly
underneath my breath.
Nightswimming.
The photograph reflects,
Every streetlight a reminder.
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night,
deserves a quiet night.

R.E.M. - Automatic for the people -1992

Nadar de noche merece una noche silenciosa. La fotografía en el salpicadero, tomada años atrás, me lleva de vuelta a los paisajes del parabrisas. Cada poste de luz revela la foto al reverso. Aun así, es mas clara. Olvide mi camisa en la orilla. La luna esta baja esta noche.
Nadar de noche merece una noche silenciosa. No estoy seguro de que toda esta gente lo entienda. No es como hace años, el miedo de ser atrapado, del temerario y del agua. No pueden verme desnudo. Estas cosas, desaparecen, reemplazadas a diario.
Nadando de noche, recordando esa noche.
Septiembre se aproxima. Echo de menos a la luna. ¿Y qué si hubiera dos, de lado a lado en órbita alrededor del rubio sol? Ese brillo, golpeando fuerte eternamente no puede describir el nadar de noche. A ti, creí conocerte. A ti no te puedo juzgar. Tu, pensé que me conocías. Esta silenciosa risa bajo mi respiración.
Nadando de noche. La fotografía refleja, cada poste de luz es un recordatorio. Nadar de noche merece una noche silenciosa, merece una noche silenciosa.

No hay comentarios.: